Wednesday, November 4, 2009

(No Title....Just Envision Me Rocking Myself in a Corner)

With The Husband working late, and The Baby teething (AKA crying all the time), I have been stuck in the house all day.

Alone.

By myself.

All.Day.Long.

After sinking to a new low and watching old reruns of 90210, I cornered the poor window guy who was innocently just trying to give me an estimate for some rotting windows we need replaced. I would not let the poor guy leave. (Did you know he was originally from Oklahoma and went to OU and that the OU alumni meet at Fox Sports grill and watch the football games and he also has kids and like dogs? No? Well, he is, they do and he does.)

It hasn't been this bad since The Baby was a month or so old. I blocked the isle at Target and kept a little asian lady from continuing her shopping going on and on and on about a rotisserie chicken cooker. I think at one point I even told her I had been to China. And I may have even asked her if she knew anyone there.

Mental note: to those of you who may see me out and about....be advised that it is in your best interest to avoid me at all cost. Unless you either A) don't have any place to go for about an hour. Maybe two. Or, B) want to hear all about I thought my dog was so smart one year that I tried to teach him how to read. Although I will say, that those who know Jock will agree.

I had better go. I have some flash cards to make.

**And, yes, Sarah, I fully expect you never to talk to me again after this.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jane...how I feel your pain. When I was unemployed I felt for the people who encountered me. Didn't they know what it was like cooped up with no cubiucles in sight? You are so funny. I look forward to your blog daily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't mention vampires, so we're still cool.

    If it makes you feel better, my mother told my fiancee tonight that I would talk to a tequila bottle if I thought it would talk back. I am not sure if she was calling me an alcoholic or insulting my social skills.

    And for the record, I do not like tequila (except in margaritas).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo funny. Poor window guy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those people whom you chose to talk to were totally lucky to be graced by your conversation...And don't forget, you can always go to the pediatricians' office and sit and talk to all the other new mothers who are waiting for their appointments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh adult conversation...it's a must! As a stay at home mom, I have tohave my Mother's Day Out... keeps me sane! You should look into it! Hannah goes 3 days a week. I can only do the "pee pee dance" so many times in one day before I start to go crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous said...
    All those people whom you chose to talk to were totally lucky to be graced by your conversation...And don't forget, you can always go to the pediatricians' office and sit and talk to all the other new mothers who are waiting for their appointments.


    See, my Mam thinks I am cool. Thanks Mam.

    ReplyDelete