Monday, June 18, 2012

The last couple weeks have been busy, to say the least. Alex has been home from school for a two week break that separates his regular school year from the summer session and it has been a long couple of weeks. Keeping Alex busy, juggling the new baby and thinking of things to do with increasingly hot days; the exhaustion has officially set in. The other night I attempted to refill my contact case with toothpaste.

As I mentioned, I am an idiot for thinking my first week home with the new baby I would start potty training. Alex is doing super great and while it was easier than I thought, I lost count how many times I attempted to call my doctor for a refill on my pain medication just to get through the week. Early on I felt less like I was potty training a toddler and more like I was babysitting a drunk sorority sister. Plus, reinforcing the phrase "No, it's not a good idea to touch your bottom" gets old.....then disturbing.

Evidently my dog, Charlie, is suicidal as well. Grapes are poisonous to dogs and considering the amount of PB&J's and raisins he had swiped from wherever Alex had set them down, Charlie has been a little under the weather. At least this is my theory of why he hasn't been eating a ton lately. At first I thought he was just holding out, but after stepping in a pile of barf Charlie attempted to hide behind the pack & play in our bedroom, I am beginning to think otherwise. So between potty training Alex, a gassy Bennett & a sick dog I feel it's safe to assume I have cleaned up more messes than I should for not being a paid medical professional. Ah, motherhood.


But we have had some good times.


4 comments:

  1. Oh have mercy. I'll send you a bottle, er box, of wine straight away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Charlie!!! Hope that little guy is on the mend. Also, loving the pics of Bennett and Alex!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, your kids are so precious.

    Potty training was not fun. I thought my kids would never use the toilet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I trained you well for potty training Alex. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete